Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Village Quar-rel - Clash of Rhyfles AAR

It's been a while, hasn't it? 

For a number of reasons, my hobbying dropped off the map earlier this year. No purchasing, no painting, no playing. 

I did finally get around to demoing a couple games of Clash of Rhyfles, which not only has done a bit to get my hobby malaise cleared up, but ticks a couple boxes in my 6x6 challenge.


To keep things simple, the Coftyrans and Crusaders had four basic rhyflers and a milwer (the in-universe equivalent of a corporal). This meant that all models were equipped with basic rifles, and players could use the Leader rule with the milwer. The objective was just fighting to the last quar.


The rules have largely stayed the same between the previous iteration in the Rhyfler’s Pocketbook and the current version. 


The streets of the village were quickly filled with bodies from both sides.


The first game saw the Coftyrans start with an early lead, but eventually the Crusders came back to win with a single model left. The higher Snapshot value of the Crusader's Bogen rifle helps when returning fire or making Snapshots, where the longer Harlech rifles of the Coftyrans have better range.


In our second we, the two side deployed different. Playing as the Crusaders, I realized I was boxed in with the placement of the buildings and bushes! 


It didn't help that I kept rolling terribly when attempting to treat my wounded Quar, which left two of them dead outright.


The Coftyrans cleaned up the remaining Crusaders, leaving them in control of the village. 


The demos created some local buzz, and I've assembled my Crusader and Coftyran specialists and tractors. And there's been some movement on the next starter set from Wargames Atlantic, which will feature Creevin, who have the best uniforms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment