Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Painting Update - Warhammer Fantasy

Merry Christmas and happy holidays, everyone!

With 2020 right around the corner, this will be the last regular post before my annual end of the year review.

Most of my attention has been spent on the Orcs & Goblins army. I've been plugging away at the various units, moving back and forth between infantry, cavalry, artillery and characters. And what's more appropriate for the season than a whole bunch of green and red?

There's still plenty to do, but the grey mountain keeps shrinking!



Any O&G army needs its characters to keep the boyz in line, so I've got a Boss and a Shaman to lead the Waaagh. 


Orcs aren't known for their archery skills, but even a small unit of Arrer Boyz can deter light cavalry from a flank, or (more likely) act as a speed bump. 



There's no better choice for sneaky cavalry than Spider Riders! These eight-legged freaks can quickly move through forests to surprise enemy flanks. 




Another faster-than-average choice for the greenskins are Orc Chariots. They can cause a lot of damage on the charge, but fall apart after a few solid blows.


I also had two more additions to the "arty party" for my Waagh. Doom Divers are an iconic unit for Orcs & Goblins, and no other army can boast that they have self-guided (if short lived) artillery units. 



And to finish my progress at the moment, I also painted up a Rock Thrower (good for squashing heavily armored units) and an Orc Bully to keep all these goblins in line. 

I've got a few more big chunks to work on, mostly cavalry and infantry units, but the end for this army is in sight. After that, I guess it's on to the next big project. And I'll have to play some games of Warhammer Fantasy at some point in 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment