Tuesday, December 31, 2019

A Year in Gaming - 2019

It's New Years Eve, which means it's time for the end of the year review of my hobbying done in 2019.

Let's start with the games I played:
  • A Gentleman's War - 1
  • Battletech - 2
  • Blood Bowl - 5
  • Carnevale - 3
  • Chain of Command - 1
  • Combat Patrol: Napoleonic - 1
  • Contemptible Little Armies - 1
  • Cruel Seas - 1
  • For King and Parliament - 2
  • Middle Earth SBG - 7
  • Mordheim - 14
  • Muskets & Tomahawks - 2
  • Rebels & Patriots - 1
  • Red Book of the Elf King - 2
  • Saga - 1
  • To The Strongest! - 2
  • Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team - 1
  • Warhammer: Underworlds - 5
  • Warlords of Erehwon - 3
  • Warmaster Revolution - 6
Altogether, I played 61 games, and that's not counting the various board games and tabletop RPGs I played this past year. 

It's a noticeable drop in the amount of games played compared to previous years that I've been tracking. It looks like the reason is that there was only a single game that I played into the double digits (Mordheim). In previous years, I had two or three games that would have had that high of a play count.

And here's what I painted:
  • 10mm Artillery - 4
  • 10mm Cavalry - 62
  • 10mm Infantry - 347
  • 10mm Monster - 3
  • 20mm Vehicle - 10
  • 28mm Artillery - 4
  • 28mm Cavalry - 17
  • 28mm Chariot - 1
  • 28mm Infantry - 256
  • 28mm Monster - 2
  • 6mm Vehicle - 8
There's a lot of 10mm in there, thanks to two complete Warmaster armies. And 28mm wargaming continues to dominate the area. 

To finish off, here's a look at all the games featured on the blog in 2019:

A Gentleman's War

Battletech

Blood Bowl

Carnevale

Chain of Command

Combat Patrol: Napoleonic

Contemptible Little Armies

Cruel Seas

For King and Parliament

Middle Earth SBG

Mordheim

Muskets & Tomahawks

Rebels & Patriots

Red Book of the Elf King

Saga

To The Strongest!

Warlords of Erehwon

Warmaster Revolution

Thanks for reading, and here's to a great year of gaming and hobbying in 2020!

4 comments:

  1. I am always envious of the number of games you play. You may feel like 61 is way down, but I am pretty happy if I get 12 to 24 games in a year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky that I've got 2-3 groups to play with in a reasonable distance, and only a few really important people/responsibilities that I need to worry about!

      And who knows, maybe as I get older that number of games will go down as well.

      Delete
  2. Of the games you played once, how many would you want to play again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm... Probably most of them. I had a huge migraine during the Chain of Command game that affect my opinion, so I'd like to play it again to get a second opinion. Cruel Seas, however, struck me as a little bland, but that may have been because we played with tne starter box contents.

      Delete