Friday, December 31, 2021

A Year In Gaming - 2021

Well, that's another year come and gone. And what a year it was.

In-person gaming became more regular again as wargamers got vaccinated. This also meant that the SJGA could start meeting again face-to-face. And I even went to a convention!

Here's what I played this year:

  • 'O' Group - 4
  • Battletech: Alpha Strike - 1
  • Beyond the Gates of Antares - 1
  • Black Powder - 1
  • Bolt Action - 5
  • British Grenadier - 2
  • Chain of Command - 1
  • Field of Battle 3 - 1
  • Frostgrave - 1
  • General d'Armee - 1
  • Glory: 1861 - 1
  • Hail Caesar - 1
  • Live Free or Die - 1
  • Middle Earth SBG - 3
  • Mythic Americas - 4
  • Rebels & Patriots - 1
  • Saga - 2
  • Strength & Honor - 1
  • To the Strongest! - 1
  • Warlords of Erehwon - 3
  • Warmaster: Revolution - 4
  • Wings of War - 3
That's 43 games total for 2021. Far less than 2019, but hopefully it's building up again. 

It's also another year of mostly one-off games. This is something else I noticed while going back over the end-of-year posts for 2020 and 2019. This year, I only managed to play a single game at least five times; that was Bolt Action. The same set of rules also managed to hit that benchmark in 2020. But back in 2019, there were five sets of rules I managed to play at least five times. Hopefully I'll get into some sort of league or campaign next year. 

And now a look at what I painted over the year:
  • 10mm Cavalry - 60
  • 10mm Infantry - 146
  • 10mm Monsters - 32
  • 15mm Infantry - 118
  • 2mm Infantry - 1
  • 28mm Cavalry - 1
  • 28mm Infantry - 100
  • 28mm Monsters - 9
  • 28mm Vehicle - 5
  • 6mm Vehicle - 15
In reverse of 2020's played games, I painted less. But then again, I didn't have a span of three months when my workplace was shut down and I was stuck at home. 

It was more spread out this year, with no scale really taking precedence. Though I did paint my first set of 2mm miniatures!

'O' Group

Battletech: Alpha Strike

Beyond the Gates of Antares

Bolt Action

British Grenadier

Chain of Command

Field of Battle III

General d'Armee

Live Free or Die

Middle Earth: Strategy Battle Game

Mythic Americas

Rebels & Patriots

Saga

Strength & Honour

To the Strongest!

Warlords of Erehwon

Warmaster: Revolution

Wings of War

As always, here's to a happy new year and lots of fun hobbying in 2022!

No comments:

Post a Comment