Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Painting Update - Napoleonics, WWII

 I'm still busy painting. Here's what I've recently finished.

The main push of my Napoleonics project is finishing the French infantry. Here's the first battalion of the 6th Legere.


And this is where I would have posted the second battalion for the 10th Legere, if the varnish hadn't frosted for no damn reason. Now I have to strip the minis and repaint. At least I managed to save the fanion.

I also decided to finally put together a couple battalions and supports for O Group. I've been missing the game since moving away from New Jersey last year.

I decided to paint up French and German battalions for the Invasion of France, as I believe it's underrepresented on the tabletop and wasn't as much of a crushing victory as 'mainstream' history would have you believe. The above is a French Company, made up of Command Decision.

After a lot of hemming and hawing between 3mm, 6mm, 10mm, and 15mm, I just decided to go with 15mm miniatures for the relative ease of access and quick painting (although some French vehicles are incredibly difficult to find decent versions of). It's also been around a decade since I first started in the hobby with Flames of War, and there's a certain nostalgia of working on 15mm WWII again.

I decided to follow Storm of Steel's battalion building guide, as I like how little table space the platoon sections take up for the infantry companies. Plus, battalions are dead easy to paint up in this scheme, with 29 models per company. That's only a few more models than a single battalion in General d'Armee.

No comments:

Post a Comment