Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Painting Update - Romans

Here's an update on what I've been working on. 


I'm still trying to get through the 15mm Punic War project that I'm splitting with Josh. As he works on his Carthaginians, I'm technically done on the Romans. 


This will give me two Roman commands for use in games, Caeruleus and Rubeus.


They're pretty easy to add on to if need be. Hail Caesar asks for a 2:2:1 ratio of Hastati, Principes, and Triarii. I followed that for the basic roster of each command, with a pair of Velites units to cover the formed infantry. 


In a test game with Josh, it seemed to work well. Five formed units (seven total) gives enough choices for maneuvering, but doesn't bog down in command rolls. 

The next two command will consist of Italian allies; one command of infantry, and other command of cavalry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment