Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Painting Update - Battletech, Squadhammer, Mythic Americas

As more wargamers in the area get their vaccines, more opportunities for games are starting to pop up!

In the meantime, I'm still working on various projects. 

 
I still have a Clan Jade Falcon force to paint for Battletech, so I though I'd tackle the Star that comes in the Clan Invasion boxset. 

The big guns are mounted on an Assault-class Executioner and a Heavy-class Timber Wolf (likely claimed from Clan Wolf as isorla by the Falcon mechwarrior). 


Supporting the larger mechs are two Medium-class mechs, a Nova and Mongrel, and a Light-class Adder.


Also finished is a combat squad of Astral Claws, the main antagonist of the Badab War from the Warhammer 40,000 universe. I've got it in my head to play out a campaign using Nordic Weasel Games' Squadhammer, a fun-looking beer-and-pretzel ruleset. 


I've worked out a number of profiles for the rules that cover the essentials of an old 5th Edition 40k Space Marine force, and recently discovered and purchased an out-of-print Space Marine Strikeforce boxset, which will give me everything I need for a Squadhammer force. 


I also finished another unit of Tlalocan-Bound Marauders for the Aztecs, which will let me field a warband up to 1,000 points. I'll need an Ayar (a massive undead monstrosity) and another unit of Tlalocan-Bound Dead to reach 1,250. That's a decent sized game for Erehwon-based rules. 

No comments:

Post a Comment