Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Painting Update - MESBG, Mythic Americas

Great news, everyone; I'm vaccinated! 

But that means I've got to wait another 2-3 weeks before I feel comfortable enough to reach out to other vaccinated gamers to start playing again. 

In the meantime, you might (not) be surprised to learn that I've been painting. Although less than I'd like since the weather isn't cooperating and I don't have a decent indoor spot to prime. 

I finished another set of Mordor Orcs to bulk out my Black Gate Legendary Legion, including a Captain and a Banner Bearer. Each of the basic sword- and spear-armed Orcs have a duplicate model, but I couldn't fit them in the lightbox. 


I also finished two units of Aztec Slingers for Mythic Americas. 

I've found that having ranged units in Warlords of Erehwon (and by assumed extension, Mythic Americas) to be really important. Pins are how heavily armored units can be countered, and even a single pin forces your opponent to roll a die to see if the pinned unit activates, which can disrupt their plans.


While the Tribal Nations already have their ranged units, Seneca Archers, since the game's launch late last year. In contrast, the Aztecs haven't had their unit, the Eagle Warriors, even shown yet. So I picked these Eureka Miniatures Aztec Slingers up to use in games instead. Since the Eagle Warriors can be upgraded with light armor, these will be the cheaper, unarmored versions.

I was worried about how the Eureka figures would scale, but I think they compare well to other Mythic America Aztecs. They'll certainly fit in from arm's length at the gaming table. 

No comments:

Post a Comment