Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Painting Update - Napoleonics

I've not played many games recently, but painting continues!

Here's another battalion of Russian infantry, from the Tchernigov regiment. 

And the last of the line infantry battalions, from the Revel regiment.

The scenario for Weissenfels gives the Russian a large battery of horse artillery. I may consider adding a couple horse teams with limbers and ammo caissons.

The last infantry brigade for the Russian is a trio of Jager battalions (of which I'm just showing one since they don't have any real distinguishing features without any flags). I decided to go with the green winter trousers to further distinguish them from the line battalions. 

And finally, the last of the commanders for the scenario. 

And here's a shot of the Russians for Weissenfels. Whew! That's half the first scenario done, and it only took me... 12 months?! 

I was hoping to have the Russians finished by the end of June, and then have the French done by the end of December. Of course, "no plan survives contact with the enemy”, and this year my "enemy" was a massive change in location, job, and gaming groups. 

I'm going to continue working on this project (with a couple diversions elsewhere since this is taking way longer than expected) through the next year. The French force for Weissenfels has twice as many infantry stands as the Russians, but at least they have a third of the amount of cavalry. I'm going to take a break and work on a couple other projects just for fun, and then dive back into Napoleonics in 2024. 

No comments:

Post a Comment