Sunday, December 31, 2023

A Year In Gaming - 2023

 And we're back here again! 

What a year; some big personal changes for me impacted my gaming and painting schedule. However, it looks like I've some some good people down here to hobby with, so 2024 looks bright. 

So here's the games I played this year:

  • 'O' Group - 1
  • All Quiet on the Martian Front - 1
  • Arena Rex - 2
  • BattleTech: Alpha Strike - 2
  • Breakthrough - 1
  • Chain of Command - 9
  • Combat Patrol - 1
  • Downsync - 3
  • General d'Armee - 1
  • Live Free or Die - 1
  • Midgard - 1
  • So Convenient for Hewing - 1
  • Strength & Honour - 4
  • Wars of Ozz - 1
  • Washington's War - 1
  • What a Tanker - 2
32 games in total. One less than 2022, but I did pack up and move in the middle of the year, so overall I can't say it's that bad. Chain of Command definitely wins the "Most Played" spot, thanks in large part to Ted's focusing on the rules for his campaign (and what a shame that I never got to see the conclusion to it!). 

As for what I painted:

  • 15mm Artillery - 4
  • 15mm Cavalry - 42
  • 15mm Infantry - 190
  • 15mm Vehicle - 4
  • 28mm Infantry - 31
  • 28mm Vehicle - 3
  • 2mm Cavalry - 2
  • 2mm Infantry - 5
  • 6mm Infantry - 20
  • 6mm Vehicle - 5
Again, not too bad, especially since I had to pack everything up for a couple months and lost my enthusiasm while focusing on my new job. There was a focus on 15mm this year, thanks to my Napoleonics project. I expect to see the same focus in 2024 as I work on the French. 

And the usual recap of the games I played in:

'O' Group

All Quiet on the Martian Front

Breakthrough

Chain of Command

Combat Patrol

Downsync

Live Free or Die

Midgard

So Convenient for Hewing

Strength & Honour

Wars of Ozz

Washington's War

2 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful range of games....Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! And yeah, I think I'm pretty lucky to be able to play in so many wonderful games with so many great gamers.

      Delete