Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Painting Update - SAGA

It's been a couple of weeks since I posted anything, mostly because nothing of interest has actually happened - blog worthy, anyways. My last semester at college is quickly coming to a close, and work is piling on - final projects, papers, tests, all swirling together in a maelstrom of schoolwork.

With Easter weekend, I managed to get a bit of respite in the form of painting. Remember that dark ages game I managed to play every once in a while? It was called SAGA, I think. Well, I finished up a unit of Crossbow Warriors for my Normans, and started on a unit of foot Warriors.


Looking at the little horde on top of my bookshelf, I realize that despite having not one but three factions for SAGA - Vikings, Anglo-Danes, and Normans - I haven't managed to get any of them up to six points. The Vikings stand at 5 points, the Danes at 4, and the Normans at 4 (technically - having used the foot Warriors, I'm not entirely impressed with their ability to act as a screen for my cavalry, although that might be due to the fact I've only used them at 4 points, rather than the standard 6.)

What does this mean? It means no more X-Wing models, or miniatures for other games - I want to focus any and all future purchases towards finishing these factions. The Vikings will probably be the easiest, as they just need another four Hearthguard. The Danes will need more Hearthguard and a unit of Levy. The Normans will probably be the toughest - I'll need two units of Levy Archers and a unit of Mounted Warriors to get to the list that I want.

After that? I don't know. Maybe another faction - maybe Welsh, to finish off the first four factions. If not the Welsh, then I'm looking at the Irish, having been the first faction I played as/against along with the Vikings; Scots, because they're always cool, and Anglo-Saxons, since I'm such a big fan of the Uhtred series by Bernard Cornwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment